HOW TO REACH US
Arijiju is lies on the eastern side of Laikipia County in the Famous Borana-Lewa Conservancy
International flights come into Jomo Kenyatta International Airport whereby Rosemary can arrange a meet and greet at the airport and book you a private charter flight to the Borana Conservancy. Upon arrival at Borana Airstrip you will be met by a member of our house team and driven 10 minutes to Arijiju.
1st June - 31st August
16th December - 10th
11th January - 31st May
1st September - 15th December
|Up to 6 guests
|Per extra adult
|Per extra child
During the festive period, 16th Dec - 10th January, Arijiju requires a minimum stay of 5 nights. At all other times, Arijiju requires a minimum stay of 3 nights.
The child rate is applicable for guests between the age of 5 and 15 years old inclusive. Children under the age of 5 years can stay free of charge.
Tariffs exclude conservation fees for the Borana Conservancy which are $200 per adult per night and $100 per child per night.
GET IN TOUCH
Across Kenya there are two wet and dry seasons – the long, cool-dry season is July-October while the short, hot-dry season is in January and February. In the wetter months the bleached grasses green up and the arrival of new-borns lures those looking for quiet, exclusive trips. Bird lovers should book from April – October when rare bird migrations arrive.
Arijiju is situated at 6500ft above sea level and 16km north of the equator. It has a moderate climate with highs ranging from 22 – 32 degrees Celsius and night lows ranging from 14-10 degrees Celsius.
- Due to the high elevation of Borana Conservancy, Arijiju is a malaria free zone.
- Wildlife sightings in Borana-Lewa Conservancy are consistent year-round.
- We recommend a 5 night stay to really experience Arijiju.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Arijiju. It is not recommended to take babies under 3 years old on game drives. Arijiju has experienced babysitters and tailored menus.
- Borana Conservancy is patrolled 24/7 by experienced game wardens. Arijiju property is encircled with an in-obtrusive game fences and cattle grids to prevent wild animals from entering the grounds.
Our reservations team are more than happy to assist with ground arrangements, transfers and onward journeys, so do please ask if we can help with your wider itinerary or advise regarding visas, vaccinations and Covid protocols.